JesseJentzen on DeviantArthttps://www.deviantart.com/jessejentzen/art/Thread-of-Life-108003183JesseJentzen

Deviation Actions

Thread of Life

By
Published:
2.3K Views

Description

Full View Is a MUST
:bulletblue: Please Read the Description

:bulletgreen: This piece is really personal to me, and symbolic. Ill leave out the personal details but the symbolic ones deserve an explantion.

:bulletgreen: This is my depiction of Atropos the Greek god whom was belived was the cause of death, it was said she would cut the strings of life and someone on earth would die, she was also known as the bearer of Fate. In my drawing I tried to depict her having to cut her own thread of life, ending her own, and the people which she has killed out reaching out to her. The moth on her arm is not a tatoo, rather it is the Atropos moth, it is known for the skull that is on its back. :D :D :D

:bulletgreen: My friend David [link] took time to critque this which was greatly appreciated, please check out his wonderful gallery.

:bulletgreen: Comments and Critique are most welcome.

Done in photoshop CS3 with Wacom Intuos
Time taken- about 14 hours
Original Size- 20300 by 12300 pixels
Image size
1000x1650px 713.85 KB
© 2008 - 2024 JesseJentzen
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Great concept and symbolism. I like her dress and her hands are very well done. Also, are there screaming faces in the bg or is that just my imagination running away with me again?